The Capitals of Weight Loss
Well since it is our nation’s birthday, I have a capital idea for this week’s Nashville Healthnote blog. Being that we are located in Nashville, the capital of Tennessee, how about we fill you in on some fun and interesting diet and nutrition facts, then mention the capital city where they happened. Just remember, for weight loss expertise in Middle Tennessee, you don’t have to travel any further than our own capital.
So here we go…
- The first person to go on a recorded weight loss lived about 1000 years ago . It was England’s first king, William I, otherwise known as William the Conqueror. The capital of London is England.
- Nashville Healthnote has said before that fad diets just don’t work because you are not changing your eating habits. But when was the first fad diet (and there are some weird ones out there)? The first fad diet was in 19th century United States. It centered around a sanitarium health spa. The capital of the USA is Washington D.C. and on that note, Happy Birthday America.
- Why suppress your appetite? With Nashville Healthnote’s weight loss program you eat healthy food and feel full. On that note, however, the first weight suppressant was in the form of candy…chocolate, caramel or butterscotch flavored, that was laced with phenylpropanolamine. It was called Ayds and was developed in Batavia, Illinois. The capital of IL is Springfield.
- The definition of a superfood is a nutrient-rich food that is considered to be especially beneficial to your health and well being. Nashville Healthnote carries a product called MOA. Just one shot (as in a party in your mouth) of MOA contains 34 Superfoods. One of them is the Maitake Mushroom from Japan…capital city is Tokyo.
- Many weight loss programs or diet supplements contain the healthy acai berry. Where is this superfood grown? Lots of it is found in Central America’s Brazil. And the capital of Brazil is Brasilia.
- Nashville Healthnote’s weight loss program is homeopathic and all-natural. The start of homeopathy was in 1796 by a German gentleman named Samuel Hahnemann. The capital of Germany would be Berlin.
- Nashville Healthnote’s website is www.tnhealthnote.com. The very first website was put up by British computer scientist Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee in 1991. The capital of Great Britain is London.
- Before vitamins were identified (or Optimals as Nashville Healthnote calls them), the Ancient Egyptians knew that certain foods maintained health. Cairo would be the capital of Egypt.
- And last but not least, in 1929, the committee for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, decided to honor the discovery of vitamins. The award is given in Stockholm, which just happens to be the capital of Sweden.
So there you have it, fun nutrition capital facts. And lucky you…you don’t need to travel any further than our very own capital, Nashville, to have your consultation with a professional weight loss counselor at Nashville Healthnote…a consultation that will change your life. You will lose weight and gain a healthy lifestyle. What are you waiting for?