Weight Loss Tips to Help You Succeed
We all know that losing weight is a chore. Seriously, it was so easy (and fun…fried foods, ice cream sundaes, pizza, etc.) to put the pounds on. But did it really happen overnight? Nope; it slowly crept on and then one day your top pant’s button burst. Well losing weight will take time too. But if you are patient, recognize your small victories, and follow these tips from Nashville Healthnote, you are more likely to succeed, hit your goal weight and keep it off.
Nashville Healthnote sells products that will suppress your appetite and make you feel full quicker. They also carry vitamins and minerals (Optimals) to keep your body healthy, and a detoxifying product. (Don’t worry, it won’t give you the unpleasant side effects that others do.) That said, besides all the great weight loss products Nashville Healthnote carries that will help you to lose up to 20+ pounds a month, they also have a few helpful tips to help with your weight loss efforts.
- Show me you’re nuts! Haha. No really, a handful of nuts (like 13 unsalted, raw almonds) will help you feel/stay full in between meals. I keep a baggy of them in my car in case I’m driving around and get hungry so I don’t stop and get fast food junk. It’s like an emergency food pack
- Plan your meals in advance. Make your list for a few days and go to to the grocery store when you aren’t hungry. Then stick to your list. Don’t get sidetracked by those endcaps selling unhealthy foods on sale. While they are genius from a marketing standpoint, they are a dieter’s nightmare.
- Spice up your life! Okay, this is actually two spicey tips in one. #1. Try adding a few red pepper flakes to your eggs in the morning. Not only do they taste good, but they also help to lower the amount of food you’ll eat later in the day. (Don’t ask me why. I’m not a doctor. They just do.) #2. Instead of eating, skip an occasional meal for a little whoopie. Sex is a great way to control your food intake, plus it burns a ton of calories. Now that’s my kind of diet
- Craving dessert? There are many fruits on Nashville Healthnote’s Approved Food List. Why not sprinkle some cinnamon on top of them before eating. It will provide you with a richer flavor without the sugar content. Remember, Sugar is the Devil.
- Water. Water. Water. Did I mention water? It will fill you up before a meal so you eat less and it will help to cleanse your body. Detox baby…wash those impurities out.
- Don’t eat so fast. It takes your brain a few minutes to tell you you’re full. If you eat as a family at the table, you can eat nice and slow while conversing with each other and learning what everyone did during the day….thus causing you to eat slower and give your body time to know, “Hey, I’m full. I think I’m finished.”
- On the same note as eating slowly, people tend to eat what’s on their plate and they usually fill their plate. That said, use a smaller one. Switch to a nine inch plate rather than a huge 12 incher. You may still finish your plate, but at least it will be a smaller portion to begin with.
- When you go out to eat, ask your waiter to substitute more veggies in place of a pasta side or rice. (Notice, those are carbs.) Also, when you order your drinks, ask your server to forgo bringing out the chips (the salsa is cool, but the chips are a no-no) or butter and rolls (both those are no brainers). If they aren’t in front of you, you won’t be tempted. You will still enjoy your evening out even if you don’t have a dinner roll. Why? Because you don’t have to do the dishes Woohoo. Yeah.
- Think about when you use your microwave. Are you cooking fresh foods like vegetables, beans or lean meats? Heck no. You are heating up some nasty processed food that came in a box or can. And while easy, that stuff is full of preservatives, aka toxins that keep you from losing weight. So this tip from Nashville Healthnote is…Keep it fresh, not pre-packaged.
- Okay, last one. These are no brainers that you probably already know but little reminders never hurt. Skip the mayo and go for the mustard. (That’s an 85 calorie difference.) Love your Starbucks? Skip the whipped cream. Clean out your pantry and fridge of all temptations at the beginning of your weight loss journey.
Okay, we at Nashville Healthnote could go on and on and on with tips to help you lose weight. That said, this is supposed to be a blog, not a book. So where do you go from here? How about visiting our website at www.tnhealthnote.com to see what we offer. Then call us for your free consultation, during which you will learn many other tips to help with your weight loss journey.